I know, I know. It’s been a while. A few days past a month, exactly.
But, I have an excuse, you see.
I was busy.
No, really. I was. This last month was spent searching for a job (which is a job in itself!), which ended up being pretty successful. After receiving multiple offers, I picked 2…Yes, two jobs. One working at a clothing store which I’m super excited about and one doing data entry. Before you think I’m crazy, I’ll disclose that both are part-time.
Anyway, on to the list of things that are making me feel wonderful for this week.
- My new jobs! Joining the work force was difficult, but necessary. I made the decision because, quite frankly, we needed the money. I’ve been divorced over a year now and so far I’ve been really lucky. I was actually able to maintain a pretty good lifestyle without working because of a settlement I received as part of the divorce. I used a portion of the settlement to help with our expenses so that I could stay home for another year while the kids got used to the divorce and we all adjusted to our new lives. After 9 years not working, except for a short internship as part of my associates degree, I decided last month that I was finally ready to rejoin the workforce. I was lucky enough to find employment pretty much right away, which makes me feel pretty great and pretty lucky. Both jobs are also really flexible as far as my school schedule, which starts back up in the fall.
- My birthday was last Friday and I turned 36, while my instinct is to be a little more depressed at growing older another year. I’m going to make the conscious decision to see it as the opposite. Getting to live on this earth one more year is a pretty great gift. I mean, I’ve made it 36 years! That’s pretty cool (and pretty lucky), don’t you think?!?
- My new teal adirondack chairs sitting on my front porch. Oh, how I love sitting on the porch! In fact the front porch was actually one of the things that helped me decide to rent this house. It’s so calming to sit and enjoy the weather, including the rain while sipping a cup of coffee in the morning. It’s a great way to start the day, especially in these comfortable chairs that also add a nice little pop of color, making my porch an even happier place! I can’t wait to finish the porch up with some more decor, but in the mean time, I will happily sit in one of my new chairs and
procrastinateplan all that I need to do while sipping my coffee.
- The laughs that Luna never fails to give me on a daily basis. I seriously have never met a funnier kid. I can be having a bad day, and all she needs to do is come up with some clever little quip or send me a text like this, and I’m laughing. It’s a great feeling.
- My house. Okay, I won’t lie. The house definitely has some issues. In fact, I’m pretty sure that the owners (or former owners) decided to watch HGTV one day and came to the conclusion that they could remodel a house all by themselves without a damn bit of experience. They really should have exercised impulse control though, because 30 minutes of Fixer Upper does not turn the average Joe into a contractor. Anyway, because of the owners lack of ability to let a professional do the work that they wanted done, there are many little things that irritate me about the house, especially as the daughter of a master carpenter. I can admit, I do have higher than average expectations, which Luv has told me. However, that little bead of knowledge didn’t stop me from smashing my wine bottle on the back patio a couple nights ago, in the middle of a total meltdown that could make a toddler jealous, after a particularly frustrating realization regarding the lack of sprinkler system and missing hose in the yard, as well as a lack of a cork screw when I tried to open my Moscato in order to calm down. However, I did come to the conclusion the next morning that this house is still pretty nice and I’ve made a lot of progress in turning it into an actual home in the last few months. We are lucky to be able to afford it and it’s not like we have a broken toilet sitting in the side yard and a recliner in the front yard. It’s not perfect, but it’s a great place to start over and my kids actually have a yard, which a lot of kids don’t. So, that’s my list for this week.
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!